Thread: Maps
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I can't understand the giberish above, so here is what you do. Download a map from here or any other map site. After you download the map, which will probably be a zip file. Unzip the map to the main dflw folder, the *.bms file should be in the same folder as the dflw.exe file. You cannot put maps in folders. You do not ever need to open the *.bms file. You do not need to "Install" the map into the game.

After you put the file in the dflw folder, open up your game and look though the gametypes list. The map should show at the top of the list.

If the map does not show, then either the author did not select map types for you to play when making the map, or you are downloading a map for a game other then dflw. You can only play dflw maps on dflw. Other problems could be causing you to not see the maps you have placed into your dflw folder. But that's for another time.

To make a map, start with the wonderful tutorials by StevieB and others right here on dfhq.net. I suggest you download the tutorial "My first dflw map in 5 Minutes" By StevieB.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq