View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 04:16 PM
draconem is offline draconem
И00вš' Kıиg

IBrowse modification request...

This a message for DevilsClaw...

The DF comunity really apreciates the effort and hard work you made to fix the lobby issue.

About a month I just got back from 1 year absence, 2-3 ago I was test helping Shayne-SYN for a Lobby replacement project he was working on, probably some people saw the hard work and effort... the project was called DF2OMG!.

Shayne even rented a server to allocate the new lobby, it was fully functional, 'til he had to start to work in day job projects, so the server is no longer availlable since then, but I learned 1 or 2 things from him in the meantime, so heres my request..

Is there a chance that DevilsClaw can modify the IBrowse file to include a line that when parsed to the DF2 internal browse, shows the lobby with no "font smoothing" issues?

the original line codes looks like this:
HTML Code:
</HEAD>

<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" BGCOLOR="#000000" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#FFFF00" ALINK="#00FFFF">
The modification I request is the following:
HTML Code:
</HEAD>
<BODY TEXT="#FFFFFF" BGCOLOR="#000000" LINK="#FFFF00" VLINK="#FFFF00" ALINK="#00FFFF">
<font face="System">
the the respective tag closing at the end of the HTML code, like this:
HTML Code:
</font>
</BODY>
This was used by Shayne on their server and when seen it in the DF2 Browser, DFFavs or DF2Pinger, it looked very clearly and nice, there was no need to increase the font size or to disable the "font smoothing" in our windows systems.

I used the same trick in my website to have an Offline Lobby, heres an example of that:

Hope the request is accepted.

Cheers.