View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 12:39 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

was in a conversation with a bunch of people on Fascist Book about PPE and you will not believe how many still buy into a piece of cloth or paper that fits loosely to the face is going to stop a viral particulate from entering their airways... i flat out told them that only a respirator would be adequate enough to work for biological threats and some started whining about the exhale valve and that it wasn't filtered... im kind of like there is a reason they weren't worried about filtering an exhale on a NBC respirator as it was usually a hot zone that was contaminated anyway... i just went on to inform them that unless that face diaper they are so enamored with and that gives them a false sense of safety filters out 0.09um viral particulates then it isn't going to stop the inhalation or exhalation of biological contaminants anyway... they are only wearing a sneeze guard... the thing must be of P3/P100 rating and designed for viruses and other biological threats and must provide a perfect seal to the face as to only allow air into the particulate filter to provide any protection at all... if the mask does not do this then the air carrying the viral particulates will find the path of least resistance and all they will do is suck the raw unfiltered air around the mask... an air purifying respirator with proper filtration and eye protection is the only solution that will prevent inhalation and contamination of the eyes and mucus membranes by a virus... i just flat out told them that anyone who tells them that a cloth or paper mask will stop a virus is lying to them or are ignorant of biological threats themselves... if this were the case there would be no need for respirators in laboratory settings... all they would need to do would be to tie a bandanna over their face and walk into the level 3 biohazard area if it were the case... it is a lie that has sadly gotten people killed because they are not educated enough to see the experts on the tv are lying to them as to proper PPE... but being out in public these days reminds me of kindergarten when a kid would fart and everyone would pull their shirts over their face as if that was going to stop the smell... it is pure madness out there and online with the disinformation coming from all places the medical establishment and the news stations... but because it comes from "trusted sources" and "the experts" it is automatically gospel and established fact...