Thread: [BHD:TS] Teammate AI issue
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 06:55 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I honestly think Autonomous Behavior requires an .ain file, and that's why it doesn't work. Might also be exclusively for aircraft, like the AI State actions. I don't know.

WP 127 just sends AIs to the player. If they're on green alert, they walk, and they always stay really close.

If you put an AI on team Blue in group 1 (note: ALL players in DFBHD(TS) are automatically assigned to group 1, even in multiplayer maps, even if they are on different teams.) and redirect them to waypoint 126 (Go to Group), they will always run to keep up, and they will follow player's orders.

I've tested redirecting AIs in different groups to WP 126, and I doubt anything obviously useful happened 'cause I remember nothing much about it, but more importantly, I don't remember making notes about it, and I always make notes about cool things. Sometimes, even if they are not game related.

WP 127 make AIs follow close, and annoyingly so. WP 126 makes AIs in group 1 follow as loosly as you order them to, and they become short-range artillery if you like. I have used them that way. (not all AIs throw grenades, do test them beforehand.)

Again, for you lovers making out in the back: In SP maps, if you want a teammate to follow the player's orders, put that teammate in group 1 and direct him to waypoint 126 (Go to Group).

And you know, maybe someday, a clever modder will figure out how to make .ain files. They figured out how to .mis a .bms, .bin editors are available, reverse engineering is possible, it's just a question of getting a clever programmer that like DFBHD(TS) angry about stupid AI behavior in this game.

Then we get the bullet source glitch fixed and the sniper scope crosshairs centered and we're done [strike]modding[/strike] repairing DFBHD(TS)!