View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 06:36 AM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
you know what, we get crappy weather all year round, we have cold summers and mild/cold winters, the temperature doesnt seem to vary all year round. now when we get a nice temperature in the summer, someone who lives in the desert say "oh that's not hot what wtf you guys on about" , then when we get cold weather or snow, someone who lives near the actic circle says "oh that's not cold what wtf you guys on about" , then when when it rains, someone who lives near the rainforest says "oh that's not much rain what wtf you guys on about"

temp today will go to -5 around me but is currently -10 in some parts, the temp doesnt get much lower than that to that is cold for the UK!!!!!

cold/snow is a big deal because we get snow on 2 or 3 days a year and it brings the country to a halt pretty much. there are not many snow plows and no one has winter tyres on their cars. i thinks it's a legal requirement in some european countries to have winter tyres? so they can cope a lot better. noticed a lot of cars with studded tyres in stockholm
I don't say anything about -5 or -10 but it sounded as if -0.1 would be extreme. Sorry I know it's the whole geographical hypocrazy, but didn't think it was that big difference between Sweden and UK, well more rain in UK but other then that hehe. And yes it's law to have M+S rated tires from 1 December to 31 March. Also not that big difference in temps either, around -20 with windchill included here

Oh and yes from the time there's one (1) cm of snow on the roads they have 3 hours to clear the road, 3 hours after the snowfall has stoped the roads need to be snow and ice free. So yeah we are spoiled!

My photography website

Last edited by SilentTrigger; 01-06-2010 at 06:58 AM.