Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

The HP mouse that came with this computer, that's had a screwed up mouse wheel axle for ages, that's had a stiffening cable, and that I've been repairing over and over again for years has finally died today. I hated that mouse but I'll miss it, 'cause it was slim, a little grippy, and I was so used to it.

The back up mouse is from Microsoft. It's a little too narrow, a little too thick, a little too slippy, and the friggin' wheel is so friggin' stiff that I constantly end up middle-clicking just trying to get it to turn.

So, I am of the grump today, but the illuminated PSO-1 reticle for the SFOD mod looks nice. I've rejiggered the Dragunov to be more of a DMR than an actual sniper rifle, in that you can move while ADSsed, but the NVGs blobbify the lines, although those lines can now be red without looking weird in the NVGs. It's sniper accurate, but has only 4x mag. I'm enjoying the upgrade in magazine capacity, but only 'cause, man, I am not a good sniper.

I also made a red illuminated version of the PSO-1-1 reticle which looks much like this one, chromatically, and I like it more, it's more my style, in that the chevron is big and less easy to lose track of, but I wanted to post documentation on this particular step in my progress on reticle illumination in NeverLogic game mods.

And mourn my mouse.

Edit: Fine, screenshot of the PSO-1-1, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFOD_PSO1_ill.jpg (301.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg SFOD_PSO11_ill.jpg (345.5 KB, 17 views)