Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 12:39 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Baldo's New M60 Sight

Check it out in the attachment.

Scott had a pre-coffee spam delete-athon a while ago and nuked a thread I had started about a sight I found in the DFBHD demo and other sights I make for DFBHD. He PMed his regrets to me and I told him, in effect, oh boy, howdy, I know how he feels, and that I'd try to recreate the thread.

Today, I start that attempt.

In the research I did on red dot sights and ACOG reticles and all manner of bullet drop compensator opticals, I came across a blueprint for the 1-8x24F1 Taci reticle, and you can't give me that level of detailed information and not expect me to do some photoshopping. The absurdity of the idea!

The targa illustrated in the attached .png is what I'm optimistically calling the pre-final version, but only 'cause I think a little reshading on those dark spots would make it less eldritch, an adjective so out of place for a description of combat optical sights that you'll probably remember it for three whole days instead of the usual forgotten after the next nap.

I like naps, man. No more than any randomly selected Gen-X metalhead, no, but I like knowing I've stated the fact somewhere.

Is that called manifesting?

Edit: Tweaked the shading and repositioned the base targa a bit. I think I'm done with this. For now.
Attached Images
File Type: png M60TaciTest5.PNG (154.0 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 10-07-2021 at 03:57 AM.