View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 05:53 AM
--BulletMagnet-- is offline --BulletMagnet--
DF2 Forever

Send a message via MSN to --BulletMagnet--
PassShed v3.0 Alpha

Howdy,

A few of you folks were kind enough to test out my small account management application a few months back. I re-coded the entire thing from scratch and am releasing an alpha build to get some feedback.

LINK

*Note: I didn't create an installer for test versions. Simply extract all of the files somewhere and run the program (all files need to remain in the same folder). It won't mess up existing PassShed installations unless you replace PassShed.exe in C:\PassShed with the new version.

New Features:
You can now have custom fields for each category. As I was using PassShed, I noticed that storing bank account numbers and CD keys under 'Username' and 'Password' didn't settle well with me. This feature was my primary motivation for re-coding PassShed.

Also, you can now type your credentials directly into the Shed. I found the input fields redundant since the Shed's cells can function like text boxes.

Other Notes:
As I said, this is very much an alpha build. I've added most of the core functionality and am looking for feedback on bugs and your overall experience. The database file itself is now encrypted for an extra layer of security, but I haven't implemented my own encryption or a master password yet.

I'm not able to find any bugs right now, but I've noticed that the new version has taken a performance hit. This is evident when trying to rapidly add several new accounts.