Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I wish I knew what to tell you Smurf. They also released another patch for F-22 on June 1st. I still think they have military contracts or something. There is no reason why they would be patching a really old game like that if it weren't used by someone important. It's not like they fixed the F-22 novaworld page.

LinkedIn shows there are 14 people working at NL. Only two with profile pictures and the rest, who knows how current they are? No one seems to know and they aren't releasing any info. If you follow linkedIn around a lot of people left NL around 2013, which is also when their apparent net assets went to zero.

The network that runs their novaworld servers is probably one decent sized computer hosting many virtual machines on a standard business internet connection. I do it with NovaHQ. One server now has dozens of virtual computers running at any given time, which can easily include game servers and web servers. All for a could grand for the server and $100/month for 100mb/50mb internet connection. It's not exactly expensive. I still can't imagine that they cover it with petty steam sales. Their lobbies are not very active at all.

2011 seems like the last time anyone has really hard anything from NovaLogic. I wonder if it will be the last. The F-22 update gives a little hope, but not for anything substantial like Angel Falls. The community is dying, less and less going on every day. Most of the community websites like this one barley see a few dozen posts a year.

We'll probably never know what happened with the gameloft project...

I find it really sad because there is (IMO) nothing out there like these games. I wish a company would just buy the project and start work again.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq