Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 01:37 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I have no personal experience with H&K drum sights beyond video games, YouTube content about video games, and maybe a Forgotten Weapons video I've yet to see, but watching Operator Drewski playing Escape from Tarkov with an H&K weapon of some sort, and seeing how his sight picture looked, I did a bit of googling around, confirmed some suspicions, and made some edits. See screenshots attached.

Edit: Okay, sure, a drum sight has four zeroes, but if you add a fifth and fudge the notch, you get the classic game sight picture. Sort of.

Edit bonus: Saw a BDC reticle in a video about Squad. Ripped it off. Optimized for 4x mag. and yes, the BDC functions as expected.

Edit again: Made something up, again. Basically, a lens in the MP5SD's front sight shroud with a dot and three chevrons. The upper chevron's tip is centered and zeroed for 100m. The bottom of the upper chevron is the 150m aimpoint. The tip of the middle chevron is the 200m aimpoint, the bottom of the middle chevron is the 250m aimpoint. The lower chevron shows the 300m and 350m aimpoints. The dot is above the upper chevron and is for 50m. The whole thing is illuminated, and fairly reliable as far as the limited testing I've done can be trusted.

And I think I made it up. Guess I'll look around to see if something like this has been invented.

Edit uh-oh: After realizing the ballistics I have in the ammo.def are less than accurate, I will likely have to update the BDC. Or abandon it. We'll see.

Edit (whew!): General overhaul of the 9mm ammo.def entries. Adjusted velocities (400m/s, 285m/s) to citatable values (381m/s, 320m/s), and edited the drag from 0.25 to 0.149. The MP5SD's ammo loses speed a little quicker, but starts faster and it almost balances back to the same. I edited the BDC a few pixels, and it's all good now, playtesting pending.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_G3_1.jpg (326.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G3_2.jpg (319.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G3_3.jpg (322.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G3_4.jpg (322.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G3_5.jpg (322.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_BDC4x.jpg (499.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_MP5SD_BDC_Day.jpg (320.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_MP5SD_BDC_Night.jpg (246.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_MP5SD_BDC_NVG.jpg (149.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 02-21-2023 at 11:32 AM.