Thread: [DFBHD] AI upscaled textures
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2024, 12:47 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

There's a non-zero chance that someone that likes to play with AI art apps and has no idea why so many people are so upset about this dumb little toy on their phone that they love so much will see this thread and have an epiphany.

Years ago, I used to love Ebaumsworld. Had a blast there, all the funny stuff. Then I started hearing about how almost none of the creators of the stuff on Ebaumsworld knew their content was on Ebaumsworld, and nobody that did gave permission for it. I didn't understand the outrage. I was glad there was a single site where I could find all the good stuff that made the internet fun for me. Stuff I never would have known about, otherwise. Why's everyone so mad?

'Cause the staff at Ebaumsworld were raking in all the ad money in the world without creating a single pixel of the art the were getting paid for. And they were keeping all of it. The art collators were buying houses and cars and vacations to Dubai, but the art makers were starving to death.

That's barely an exaggeration. Melodrama to make a point. That my ignorance was ended, and I stopped going to Ebaumsworld.

I just hope there'll be someone that sees this thread and comes away from it thinking, 'Oh. That's what the problem is.'