Thread: Night
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Grenademan is offline Grenademan

Lived in a haunted house before. Fair dinkum stuff.

In the Northern Territory, there is this massive rural area that people inhabit. Houses are so far apart that it takes something like half an hour before you reach the next driveway. And in-between was miles upon miles of thick bush.

This house we lived at was pretty big, rectangular in shape, the loungeroom and kitchen were joined (and was one freakin' huge room). The corridor led off to the rooms, my room first, then bathroom, then sister's room, then mum's room and the computer room at the end. The loungeroom was a scary place to be at night, since it had barely any walls and instead was just made up of huge windows and slider doors. Outside was a massive lawn, and beyond that the wall of trees that went on forever.

All this in mind, we were told that a little girl had sadly been murdered at this house long ago.

Wierd stuff began one night when a friend was staying the night. My room was too small to accomodate two people, so we were out in the loungeroom, a couch to each of us. When morning came, a ceiling lightbulb had somehow unscrewed itself and smashed onto the ground, only a metre from the couches. As you can imagine, nothing BUT a person could unscrew a lightbulb. This happened during the night and yet, we heard no shatter.

Some nights, we would hear our kitchen-ware (pots, pans etc) going absolutely berserk. Like as if someone was just rummaging through our cupboards. We would rush out trying to catch someone, but nothing was out of place, and the noises stopped when we came into the kitchen. It would be strange that someone would break into a house in the middle of nowhere just to mess up our kitchen...

My sister would often catch half-glimpsed figures in the reflections of glass. We never did, but my sister refused to look at any windows.

The cherry ontop of the cake happened to me.

My room was...pretty darn dodgy, i slept on a mattress on the floor, with a clothes draw on my left and a big cupboard on the right, with a window directly facing me on the opposite wall. One night while I was fast asleep, something entered my room. It was pitch black except for the slight glow coming from the window. I could feel its presence, i dared not move. It called my name "Tom", then i felt a hand grab my hair, then slam my head into the wall behind me.

I woke up with a cracking headache and a strange memory that seemed too real to be true.

Believe what you want, but i'm not making this up. There are things in this universe that, no matter how hard we try, we can never explain.