Thread: day/night cycle
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 07:54 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
If you open an NPJ saving of your map (npz is useless for this) you will see the map laid out in XML format.
XML is much like HTML but with tags specific to the application.

You will see that it is of standard format for a Nova map, ie the coordinates of named objects.

There are a number of values that are within the < terrain>< /terrain> tags, most of which are the values that you have plugged into NILE Terrains Menu Options (such as time of day, fog amount etc.

You will notice some options that appear redundant, Fog Color being the main one and the tags for time of day and speed of time cycle.
I have fiddled with these and it 'appears' as though mucking about with <TIME_OF_DAY_RATE > (I just deleted the value in between the tags), will in fact pause the time but I havent played enough in one of my own maps to verify this.

Notice also though that there are values for active window and camera settings. These tags are specific to NILE itself and so I am of the suspicion that the map files we save are specifically for the NILE to use and as such, many options are not there yet, or redundant.
JO Ops interprets the file and then adds its own magic. (LFP Groups automatically working without programming much being one example)

It is my opinion therefore that although mucking about with values might work, many of them don't and so it wouldnt suprise me if setting time of day rate is as redundant as the Weather features were in DFLW and BHD MED.
Pain in the arse really as I don't want to play some of my own maps at midnight.