View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 07:31 AM
slick50500 is offline slick50500

Angry Problem Re-Installing/Loading Joint Ops

Haven't played Joint Ops in awhile and found out there's new version out since November. While it appeared to have updated succesfully downloading from Fileplanet (auto-updater through game freezes and does nothing), when I tried to go back into the game it showed older version still on login screen to lower right, plus it said an update was available still (after apparently it was just updated).

I deleted and reinstalled the game last night, but again, it appears to have loaded ok, but when I go in to play, it says update is available but auto updater freezes.

I can't even LOAD Escalation because of same problem - says update available but when I try to run auto-updater through game the update fails.

THOUGHT: I have 2 hard drives - a C: and a secondary E: which I'm trying to defer all games to because C: drive mostly full. Does the game have to be loaded onto the "root" or main drive C: or can I create identical string on second drive (ie E: Program Files/Novalogic/Joint Ops/Escalation/......)
That's the only thing I can think is the problem, but again, game played fine on secondary drive before.

J Ops used to play perfectly fine on my machine - new update all of sudden has screwed my system up. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!