Thread: DRM Free music
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Actually, Audacity is pretty simple and fast. All you have to do is listen to the song and then export what it recorded to the format of your choice (including mp3).

I read about the CD burning thing. But I also herd of some problems with that solution.. But i'm not that familiar with it because I have never tried it so I don't know for sure..

The only reason I want to get rid of DRM is because if I am going to pay for a song, I am going to do what I want with it... I should not be restricted to playing it only on a few select mp3 players, or only on one computer etc etc. I also don't believe that I should loose the song if I canceled my subscription with someone like napster or yahoo, that's just retarded.

DRM is evil.. is does not stop anyone anyways. All it does it piss legit people off.. All the people that do not want DRM find a way around it. Everyone else probably doesn't even know it exists, so it really accomplishes nothing. Same with games and the like.. Why copy protect them? Someone always finds a way around it, usually before the game is even released. They are better off saving the 100's of thousands of dollars they spend trying and develop a new game. Microsoft learned. There is no copy protection at all on Microsoft's CD's. Microsoft piracy did not go up because of it..

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 08-27-2006 at 05:39 PM.