Thread: Help with AI
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2002, 04:36 PM
ArcticWolf is offline ArcticWolf
DFLW Map Maker

Ok.. darn it..
I'm going to give away one of my secrets..

To make your AI meaner and nastier, you'll need to place 1 each of each type of AI you plan to use in a blank map and save it - name it nasty AI or something.

Now go to your desktop, open NOTEPAD and open the mis file that you saved.

As you scroll down in each AI listing you will see a line that says:

perfectionist2 100

Change this 100 in this line to somewhere in the range of 200 to 256 (max).

This line should now read:

perfectionist2 200

Do this for EACH AI and then save the mis file (just click SAVE AS and then find the map name again).

Now restart your editor and copy and paste them where you want them and as you paste each one, make sure you give it a weapon and adjust it's ITEM ATTRIBUTES accordingly.

If you really want to make your map fun, place some extra ones with weapons that are NOT set to Guarding and NOT set to waypoint routes. What will happen is that they will run to where ever they hear gunshots and join in the fun.

Word of caution. I do not totally understand what exactly this setting does but as long as the AI live, they get smarter and better with their weapons, and it will take them less and less shots to kill you. If they are set as FREE ROAMERS, they will use the terrain and hide in places such as under bridges and along the shore of the rivers or lakes and drive you nuts till you find them.

Last note? Watch your back! They will eventually sneak up and find your spawn point and spawn kill you if they live long enough!

~~~~~~
ADDED:

If you've ever played any of my DFLW coops, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, then click HERE TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THEM!

Last edited by ArcticWolf; 05-30-2002 at 04:41 PM.