View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 07:38 PM
HySpeedTNT is offline HySpeedTNT

Oh, and another one: Shooting from behind.

I've seen a lot of people complain about this, and it's happend to me (both ways).

A player runs past me, and I shoot an entire clip from the CAR into his back. His body spurts blood, but he doesn't die. He turns around and kills me.

On the other side of the coin, I've been standing in a spot sniping, and suddenly my screen is flashing red from being shot. When I turn around, there is a guy 5 feet away from me reloading. Having seen and read about this, I let him reload, to see if he would kill me when I turned around. Nope. Another clip. So I shot him. One shot, chest level, he died.

Clearly a bug.

So, I've been advising people to not shoot in the back from directly behind. That appears to be the trigger. If you can aim for the head, do that. If possible, move to the side before firing. I _think_ I've been able to kill people after shooting them in the back by aiming for the feet. But that takes a lot of shots, and the bunnies make that tough. But that's been effective lately.

Well, apart from custom maps crashing clients and servers, those are the bugs I've seen.