View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Frootie ÐÐT is offline Frootie ÐÐT

eek Did I deserve to get suspended?

Hi all,

As some of u in BHD scene allready have seen;
My prime Character € ƒròótie ÐÐT has been suspended by Novalogic.

This all happened on the 29th of august. In my Zonetime it has been on a Friday evening late, after a long evening playing in Wetworks (no tracers map TKOTH), with half a dozen of my Squadmates.

I was stunned and pulled the hairs out of my head how the hell I made it possible to get suspended.
(please don't be bothered to mention your remark(-s) that I must have been cheating, All that know me, knows it ain't so, I can play the game without it good enuf).

As it occured, I was not the only 1 that got suspended my friend, reaper ÐÐT also had the same thing. Reaper e-mailed straight away, me not knowing he had done that, he got a word back the same hour. However to keep this story short (as If I would, duh) I will not elaborate on his story but stick to mine...

I mailed to ban@novaworld.com as was stated in the message I got when logging in to my account and Also I mailed to ban@novalogic.com and to support@novaworld.com and even to support@novalogic.com. Presto, the latter being the only joust one.

I am not here to argue about who ever framed me, for I do not think such a thing happened. I think a Sysop that entered the game (as viewer) must have read something wrong.

Let me give u some information:
1. Did I get suspended because I was Statpadding?
a.
Ok, I have a level 48 in Search and Destroy, but hey, I like to play that gametype, and even so, there are a lot more players that like TKOTH, does it mean they r statpadders too because they r fond of a gametype?

b. My € ƒròótie ÐÐT ratio's are not that impressive (A&D only) :
Minutes Played 16,930
Base Targets Destroyed 4,095
This will come out to a 1 target every 4.13 minutes that I played this gametype.
Be aware there are players that are having a higher ratio hten me, Are they banned because they statpadded too(the answer is obvious, u don't have to look it up)
Ok, 1 sample for those who do not believe it, these r stats from MAVERICK@WAR©, #1 player (again A&D only) :
Minutes Played 26,573
Base Targets Destroyed 9,799
This will come out to a 1 target every 2.71 minutes that he played this gametype.

c. Knife only games.
Well, I entered the S&D server in midday, and some where knife fighting, As i like to play it but since EULA regulations r showed upon, I managed to do just gaming for 4 maps until they all managed to convince me that it would not be in violation of the EULA. So I was happy some 1 I know well enuf (Snake Pliskin UKO) told me if I should get suspended, he would too, for he asked me to join them (all 8 other players that wanted too) in knife only. This all lasted not even 2 maps, so are my statistics measured by these 2 maps alone?

2. Did I get suspended for foul language?
a.
Ok, on occasion I can talk dirty, my name Frootie is not for nothin, but I always talk with a wink. I never get fulgare or persistant in my mouthing...
b. Medics, yes they arew a pain in the ass, seeing a (couple of) medic in zone not bothering to help you to get back on your feet again. it makes me shout to them, things like: ANY FREAKING MEDS WORKING TODAY? or MEDIC, MOVE YOUR ASS OVER MINE. For some like to read me typing trash like that, it is still me winking to you all as proudly gay and fruit-alistic I am...
c. there is no c.

Well, As I said before, I am not aware of why I got suspended and I do not like it even a tiny bit.

But the worst part in this is the silence from Novaworld for I have E-mailed them over and over again to get an answer.
I hope u readers grant me the right to know Why I got suspended, or don't u wanna know?

For those of you who want to read some more u can click thids link: UKO site England or u can leave a rection below.

For those who wants to know what I wrote, here it is:

FIRST MAIL on 29th of august

It seems my Character has been banned for a reason not clear to me.
All I do is try to play fair, all I try is to tell others I will not make agreements with the other team because of the EULA.
I have never seen these rules but for the obvious reasons they are clear to me.

Ever since u made this rule active I have acted to what it stands for.
The only reason I can think of why u suspended me is because of what happened yesterday:

I was playing in S&D ranger 5 all the players ( 8 in piece) asked for Knife only game,
I did not want to do it and I kept shooting as I saw them on sight.
Snake Pliskin of UKO or known in game as Š plï§ken «UKØ» can tell u it’s the truth, his site is: http://uko.dfbhd.org.uk/

After 3 or 4 maps, they kept insisting and they all stated that Knife only was not in violation of EULA.

All they said was something about snipers killing some1 and then another 1 revived him and that went over and over again…

This knifing was not stat padding. So finally I agreed to them to c what happens. We lasted to do it for 1-2 maps, then others came in and started shooting, so the knife only was over pretty soon. Are you trying to measure my efforts of playing to these 1-2 maps?

I have played DF2, DF:LW, DF:TFD and now play BHD. Always tried to play as fair as I could. Now I am being punished for something I was not aware off. Not even a warning. I have mailed u about numerous cheaters, included screenshots time, server and all the data you wanted, I provided it to you.

Please, I never meant to harm this game anyway.

As such I think it is not fair that bad players (read cheaters) still can rule the game as where I played always to the fairest way possibly I can do.

Please I urge and plea to you to reconsider my suspension.

With best regards,

Frootie ÐÐT
Staff leader of ÐÐT
www.ddthq.com

SECOND MAIL on 31th of august

Dear sir Alan Masters ( CO support@novaworld.com) <-- that e-mail is not valid

As of today I still have not heard anything from you.

Bear in mind it is quite rude to leave me in doubt like this.
You could at least confirm you have received my first e-mail and as such u will investigate it.

Where does it leave me? Me, always been a honest player, has been falsely accused of something and therefore suspended?

I would be very much obliged if u at least gave me a reply to where I stand or what ever it is you will be representing me as evidence of my mistake.

Sincerely,

€ ƒròótie ÐÐT

Any1 wants to bet some money in how fast they will react?
Further more, u can all try to predict what rule I trespassed.

Last but not least, stay on this topic, before u know it it is your ass on the line!!!
And where do you think you can go to?

OUR Cancer research progress

Alea iacta est! Status quo Imperium.
Homo sapiens non urinat contra ventum
Ite in malam rem, Vescere bracis meis