View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 03:10 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

In DFBHDTS, I tried to made a map once where the player needed to satchel an AA gun that would be in one of three possible locations. The gun was actually well outside the city and would teleport to one of the three locations at random, but no matter how I set up the randomizer, it always popped up at the same spot. I needed to tweak it more but I don't remember managing it well.

I do sometimes use teleporting to simulate things like doors and gates. The idea being like a hangar with concrete slabs blocking the opening to keep shooters from engaging from the outside, but stand in the 3D area trigger where the two slabs meet, they both teleport a three quarters of a meter from the opening, allowing you to get in, and when you do, they teleport back to the original positions, shutting behind you. I can confirm it works in DFBHDTS single player and for the host in a serve and play, but I doubt that in MP, one player opening those gates in their client would affect what other players on the server experience.

Like how in DFBHDTS, only the single player and host gets the Pavelow's hatch to open, making them suboptimal for transport in MP maps.

I can suggest this much: coordinates in NL games are in what I call MEd units, where every meter is divided into 65536 bits, so if there was .wac language for changing an item's position (which I cannot confirm, and actually doubt), you'd probably have to state the new position in raw MEd units, like teleporting 10m from map center, the XYZ would probably be "-655360 0 1212416", that last value being absolute Z of 18.5m, so that would probably only work on some terrains in DFBHDTS, where the flatter areas are usually 18.5m above absolute 0.

In DFBHDTS, there is a .wac command for making AIs face a specific heading, so I can't confirm that you can't .wac a change in position, I just don't know if you can, or how, if you can.

I've been modding NeverLogic games a long time, and I only recent learned about the RenderFOV command for the weapon.def. That one's a game-changer. So raw-coordinate teleporting in the .wac is probably not a thing, but it might be.