View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Cmoore is offline Cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by icishoot View Post
they said it was going to be a game with game play similar to BHD
If only that was true ! There isn't anything BHD like except they imported some of the bhd objects.

While I would agree the game is not horrible.. its not great either.

Still has some dumb unrealistic physics, horrible graphical glitches, and anything but "extreme" game play.

Lack of decent map / level designers for Nova doesn't help matters either. Though to appease the huge number of map complaints they have announced they will port over 5 JO and 5 BHD maps. What a workaround huh ?!

DFX sequel ? You also have to wonder why on earth would they choose one of their lesser popular titles to make a sequel for ? I liked DFX for the first several months it came out and I played it... but I went back to BHD. One of the reasons why was because there would be a several hundred playing DFX but BHD still had several thousand playing at that time. Now when I go to play DFX2.. guess how many people are logged in playing ? A good night.. maybe 100 ish.. a regular night.. 50-70 !

Which brings me to marketing.. as with all Nova "projects" DFX2 kinda snuck up on most. The near non-existent marketing of it carried over to the release. When DFX2 was released it went to Best Buy stores only ! How on earth can you expect decent sales when its only shipped to Best Buy !? No Walmart or Targets ! I prefer Best Buy myself but if you want your game out there.. you better sell it at a Walmart. Granted they did offer the game for digital download at various online stores.. and now they brought in Steam.. which was a near disaster with NovaWorld2 being down at the time of the Steam release. Digital downloading and Best Buys though alone is not enough ! I can see only one reason for this.. duplication, shipping, and packaging cost !!

So what really is different here ? Slightly better DFX graphics, Game Play = DFX , Terrains = previous games, objects and items = BHD, JO, DFX.
Its clear not much orginal work was done here. Thats not to say its not at times a fun game. The ability to use Nile and med editor to make your own custom maps.. will extend its possibilities even further.

I think once BMT3 is out and an updated stat app for it.. combined with custom maps.. it will hold me over to AF or Op Flash 2 . But.. you really have to wonder about this project. I believe this game and the anniv pack release is a resource grab for AF. I think if this fails miserably (which is close to doing)... its the end of AF and the final nail in the coffin for NL. Probably why they brought Steam sort of on board for selling their titles.