Thread: [DFBHD] Alternate map editor?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattoor View Post
Yep, I noticed. But as I probably won't be able to figure out how the binary map file is constructed; I would let the user generate a .mis file which they could import in the actual mission editor to build the binary map file.

I wouldn't create my own 3D rendering software as I lack the needed mathematical knowledge I would just use Unity 3D and implement this tool instead of a game with it.
The only obstacle is displaying the actual gameobjects.
Any of you know whether there exists a dump of all ingame models such as the buildings and cars etc? Or is it just a standard 3D format in which these files are saved? I haven't had the time to look at this yet.

It's my guess it's entirely feasible to tie the logic and syntax for the mis instructions into an app.

I don't know of any database or set of instructions at that level but there have been quite a few modified editors produced for these games.

The thing about studying it is some changes to the mis script are immediately reflected in the editor, others are only visible by their effects in-game.

RE: Objects
You can incorporate new objects into a unique PFF (the container format for the game objects) - in other words a Mod.

From there you'd have a place to experiment.

There are plenty of modding tools available here at NHQ.

I hope I'm on track with what you're asking.

Good luck with the project, it sounds like a 10/10 to me and I'd like to see it in action if you ever post it here.