View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 08:08 PM
DennisRotten is offline DennisRotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by --BulletMagnet-- View Post
Ok, I've attached a .ZIP file containing 4 files. Each of these files represent a different dialog file and list the .WAV voiceover sound files within them.

You'll need the unlocked DF2 Med v1.43a

1.) From the 4 included files, choose the one you want. Just browse through the sound list within and find one that has the type of sounds you want. This is hard to do as each file contains many voiceovers and they are all fairly similar. Most of them contain generic stuff like "Alpha 2 is Down!", but some of them contain mission-specific stuff, such as "Destroy the SCUDS at Objective Bravo."

2.) In the MED, go to Edit ---> General Info. In the 'Dialog File' field, enter the name of the dialog file you chose, such as DFDLGSM.

3.) Now, in your events, add an event to play the .WAV number you want (listed in the DFDLGSM doc file).

4.) Test it in your game.

Let me know how it works. There are ways to create your own dialog files and add whatever sounds you want, e.g. combining sounds from different dialog files or importing sounds from other games, but that requires a few more tools and knowledge.
Thank you so much Bullet!

I haven't slept yet and start working in 6h, but when I get home I will try it out!
Again thanks!