View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
mrpow is offline mrpow

Send a message via Yahoo to mrpow
map making tricks

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:30 pm Post subject: Map making tricks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, this is Mother POW or MR.POW for short.

I am new here and a member of the group called Pigs of War. Our server name is"***POW***" and we're currently hosting 26 players at a time. We are strictly a capture the flag server. And our squad plays just for the fun of it. We have strict rules on language and behavior, because we are a family orientated server.
You're probably saying, "what is that have to do with mapmaking", well it just so happens that most of the members of our squad enjoy making maps as much as playing the game. and if you're interested in seeing some pretty cool stuff, as far as, the decoration of and the logical mechanics techniques of mapmaking, come and check us out.

I'm sure you'll see things you'd never seen before on a Delta Force map. Like maps with little birds perform flyby rocket attacks firing as many as 18 rockets at a time spraying the village below. We have to Bradley fighting machines that perform attacks on specific opposing targets when triggered by players. We have maps were 8 helicopters will be flying simultaneously, each one performing a separate task, whether it be defending a base, transporting soldiers, doing attack runs on the opposing team, or simply just dropping snipers and artillery spotters at key locations or call boxes on the maps.

I will warn you that, although some of the maps are pretty standard, some are pretty heavy-duty as well, and require a good connection with a ping time less than the 400, and a very good video card. With four to eight helicopters running at the same time along with aerial bombardments and other special effects, things can be pretty crazy.

For more information about our squad go to www pigs-of-war.com www pigs-of-war.com

See you soon,
MR.POW out