View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 AM
rambo6 is offline rambo6

"Making their game similar to those two crappy titles is probably the worst thing they could do. They do need to bring their graphics into the 21st century, but the biggest thing Nova had going for them was games ideal for squad gaming and objective based game play. Most of the FPS games today are just run 'n gun, might as well be playing Quake."

I would certainly agree that the graphics need to be improved, but those 2 "crappy titles" ( and I see what you are saying) are far better than DF in terms of AI, weapon handling physics, bullet penetration and so on, the actual gameplay was not amazing as it was a run and gun, but the features of it are impressive.

imagine novalogic improved the AI so that they take cover, flank, throw grenades, call out to you for help or give covering fire(and are affected by it) take up dramatic poses against walls and storm buildings all (more or less, with a little hint or help from a mission editor) on their own, those are the features I dream about for DF.. but its unlikely