Thread: Please Help
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:20 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simon. View Post
I don't mean a conscious decision whether it is real or not. A lot of kids will grow up without realising what violence can do. You play a video game and a bit of blood spatters from someone when you kill them, and I guess modern games are showing more grotesque ways to die.

But Id wager a bet that if you saw that in real life, you would never want to play those games again. Im a bit of a hypocrite because I play them too, but what people are really doing, is rein-acting the worst possible action a human can make.

I have massive respect for armed forces guys because they kill for their country. I'm sure they will tell you there is nothing glorious or self empowering about killing anyone, so I definitely don't think today's youth should grow up 'killing people' for casual gameplay.

The more I type this, the more I feel like giving up shooting games to be honest xD
I know what a gun can do to a living thing. Ive seen it happen...hell, ive done it. I got two doe the first 2 days of the regular deer season, i know what its like to kill something bigger than a bird. Im not stupid enough to reenact video games with a real gun, not even with blanks, cuz people can still get hurt. If you honestly think im that stupid, then thats just too bad

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010