View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Chels is offline Chels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Stud-less Ice and Snow:
Dunlop Graspic DS-2: Very soft tire. I don't recommend this for high speeds (70mph+). Excellent snow and ice traction though. Especially on fresh snow. But corning sucks and they feel like your driving on a cloud on the freeway.

Winter performance:
Bridgestone Blizzak: I think this is a great tire for pure snow and ice traction. But it does not last long. During the warmer months like march/april when it still snows but it hovers right around freezing the tread just disappears. Mine only lasted one season before snow traction disappears.. They are also pretty soft in the corners but not as noticeable at freeway speeds. But at $150 a tire this was not acceptable to me.

Dunlop Winter Sport 3D: My recommended winter tire. Not only is the snow and ice traction excellent, the performance aspects make this more like performance all season. The sidewall is strong so they have nice corning, tread wear is much better than the Blizzak's and last me two season, and I can drive them through April without issues. Plus they are cheaper than the blizzak's.
I agree with Scott.
(I work for a Top Car Dealership as a Mechanic, and I used to live in Russia and Northern VT both where snow is second nature to us)

Somewhere between the Laughing for no reason
pointless arguments, long talks, ...<3
and always making fun of each other i fell for you

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i wanna spank Tril.