View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

DF2 breakthrough

We all know that DF2 is the hardest game to mod for being that is it server side not client side. However hardly anyone knows there are 2 files that are ONLY client side.

a .bms file and a df2plyr.sav file

These are shared by everyone in a server...
Using the latter file Scarve's were developed.

Using this samefile I am on the way to developing uniforms.

Now before you call me a cheat listen up!!!

The way this works, example. I design my uniform as spiderman... I go into a 50 player Nova server... I see 49 players in their df2 normal uniform, and they see me as SPIDERMAN!

Reason... they loaded my plyr.sav file which reads me looking like spiderman, I loaded their which shows them in their fatigues.

(Note the spiderman thing is an exaggerated idea to explain how this works...)

This is almost complete. I have gotten to the scarf level, and warpaint level. I am working on full body modification that everyone seens on you, and you see what they are wearing.

Now for the good news! I have also developed a way for everyone to carry 2 guns legally :shock: Using this same plyr.sav file This is in beta test. I need some help from some people to get this thing finished.

I would appreciate some contacts from Terranova as they may be able to tell me what I did wrong. I assure you it works, I can carry a SAW and an M4 legally.

Buurman I need you to contact me as well, please.