Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 07:40 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

The SFOD mod: I edited the Dragunov to be fixed at 4x mag., and redrew the PSO-1 reticle at 3px per mrad. It's not great, but it is authentic. I can't love it, but I don't hate it.

The layout's accurate to the two reference images I have, the mrad subtensions are true, and the rangefinder is functional.

At 4x mag., targets beyond 500m are difficult to see (at 1280×720 [Edit: Tried 1920×1080 in the mission 'Operation: Poison Arrow'. Didn't improve much.]). The chevron is barely a chevron, but the green illumination makes it clear enough.

I tried making the whole thing illuminated red, but it glared on dark maps, faded on bright maps, and looked so wrong in the NVGs. The green chevron stands out well in any lighting conditon, and is razor sharp in the NVGs, even if it disappears in brighter spots.

I worked out a good method for drawing the curve which took a long time to master, and is likely one of the most useless tricks I know, but I do know it now.

I don't think I'll be leaving the Dragunov fixed at 4x mag. with this reticle, but I could.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SFOD_PSO1x4a.jpg (303.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SFOD_PSO1x4b.jpg (300.6 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 07-11-2022 at 09:53 PM.