Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 09:34 PM
Oscarmike247 is offline Oscarmike247

Looking good!

I'm not sure how I feel about the scratched glass effect, though. maybe some subtle dirt and grime, but it looks like someone went ham on that lens, haha.

The glass scratches just don't seem to match the quality of the rest of the graphic. The sight itself looks awesome, but I feel the lens is disproportionately lower in detail and kind of cheapens it. IMHO

The Acog reticle looks great. The markings should match the bullet trajectory if scaled right.

I'm kind of impressed with Nova's ballistic system and how accurate it is. In my mod, I have plugged in the real bullet specs for each round (weight, MV, and drag coefficient) as best I can with the info I can find online, so the bullet trajectory should be fairly accurate to the real deal. I used a graphic of a 4X acog, scaled it to match in game, and of course using an M16 5.56 each range mark was pretty close.

It only took a few minor adjustments to the graphic itself to get it to be accurate. I did this by setting up a shooting range in the MED, and setting targets at each range shown on the reticle. I then temporarily set the guns MOA error values to 0, set the recoil to 0, and set the ammo impact effect to something visible like a flare, to remove all other variables. Now I can see where the round impacts in relation to each range mark and adjust the range markings in GIMP to match the bullet impacts in relation to the reticle. Maybe kind of crude, but it works to make every mark accurate.

Keep up the good work! share more!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg M4ACOG1.jpg (455.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg M4ACOG2.jpg (118.5 KB, 17 views)