View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 01:48 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

I have setup windows based game server applications on Linux but you need to know your way around Linux shell. I don't recomend it, not all games work and it's harder. I would defenetly also go for windows even if Windows perform worse then Linux. Unfortently when you run windows programs on linux you actually bring parts of windows on to the linux system through emulations. Linux is also generly harder to maintain for someone that's not experienced with Linux shell as all you see is text on a black background (unless you change the color haha) it it technicly possible to get a remote desktop for Linux aswell but it boggs down the system. With windows you see a real desktop that your used to (well a bit different as you should go for Windows Server 2003) It's alot faster then XP (doubt you can even get XP on a server hehe)

What I said right now is exacly what ici told you, but with a bit more information. So I'm not really sure why I wrote it but now it's been done and it took me some time so it would be a waste to delete it

My photography website