Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 08:42 AM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-garcia/4/398/595

don't think we were ever very successful at getting much info from NL, we had a contact way back.

pretty sure loa was first person i ever actually spoke to from the internets think it was via roger wilco. hope he's doing good
Yeah, they were always struggled at community managing, to put it nicely. I remember the moderator they used to have on Novaworld back around the time of JO's launch. The community manager was relatively friendly, but could barely say anything about the game or upcoming patches because of his NDA. It's a totally different ballgame managing communities these days. Look at the CTE in BF games as an example... they are not only transparent with what new features they're working on - they have the community testing them out.

Spoke with loa a year or two ago, he was modding away at Call of Duty games and making a lot of maps. He's a stand up guy. Sounded like he'd spoken with a few of the employees there, maybe we can get him over here and hear his experiences. He had some interesting stories when I spoke with him. Did you guys ever see the Urban Assault mod he made for JO? He still peeks at the Terranova EXP forums if you guys ever go over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black hawk View Post
I understand why most are disappointed with the f22 patch, but I see it as a sign that someone is doing something there. If that is not the case, then who knows, maybe some f22 fanatic hacked into the website and posted it.
It makes me hopeful - not so much for a new game right now, but that Novalogic won't go out of business. Maybe a few years from now... maybe... I think they'll just port their existing games to iOS. If they had proper marketing and community management, their games could be CoD killers due to their user friendly map editor. There are tons of ways to monetize that, especially if they'd embrace mods.

Scott - thanks for the tip. May not get a chance to properly reach out to them until next week...