Thread: Nostalgia
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 03:21 PM
BlacKSmurF is offline BlacKSmurF

Confused Question

Ok... struggling to figure out where the best place to write this would be!

I just noticed Novalogic patched F-22 Lightning 3 a few months ago (in May, I believe). I am dumbfounded. Why did they just update a sixteen year old game? Why F-22, of all games? What does it mean? Maybe it was just an easy patch and they realized that patching in support of new resolutions would dramatically help Steam sales.

I was reading a post by a former programmer that worked on early DF and Commanche games (allegedly... gotta take everything with a grain of salt). He was speculating the programmers for DFX2 aren't there and that's why we haven't seen a patch for it - but who did the patching for F-22? And again, why that game?

Last I heard, there was only one employee left at Novalogic - John Garcia, the CEO - but LinkedIn shows there may be a few more.

What exactly are they doing these days? What happened to Angel Falls? How are they paying the bills - Steam sales? How in the world is it profitable to keep servers running on their games? That cannot be cheap.

They were accepting peoples' contact info for the DF:AF alpha in 2011 - I can't understand how it got that far along in development and then crashed.

Oh.. and what happened to the apps they were making with GameLoft?