Thread: Virus warnings
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 05:29 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Virus warnings

Lone Rebel~BIA~ writes:

Hey all be careful, I saw this posted on another site too. They were getting strange emails all with an attachment of the same size. It is believed to be a virus, and I just got one myself. A good way to tell is that it starts with hello and end with best Regards, Admin.

Example:

"Hello,
The attached product is send as a part of our official campaign for the popularity of our product. You have been chosen to try a free fully functional sample of our product. If you are satified then you can send it to your friends. All you have to do is to install the software and register an account with us using the links provided in the software. Then send this software to your friends using your account ID and for each person who registers with us through your account, we will pay you $1.5.Once your account reaches the limit of $50, your payment will be send to your registration address by check or draft.

Please note that the registration process is completely free which means by participating in this program you will only gain without loosing anything.

Best Regards,
Admin"

This is what I recieved. It had a .scr file attached. It may also be in the form of a screen saver whichj I also recieved. So Be careful guys and dont download them.

-Lone Rebel~BIA~

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq