Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 01:09 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

More CS:CZDS stuff. You'd tell me if I should stop, right?

I did up a Vortex UH-1 for the SG552. Yeah, the viewmodel literally has an ACOG mounted on it, but it also has only 1.9x magnification, so an accurately scaled ACOG chevron would be 2.5×2.2px, if my math is even only almost correct, so, nah. And the Vortex is just a change-up from the Sig ring-dot I made as a change-up from the Eotech. I'm so fickle.

I moved the ACOG to the Scout. The actual reticle in the scope on the real-life Scout is pretty boring, as far as my googling can tell, so I think this is an improvement, aesthetically.

Again, I'd like to emphasize that, if my math is not all too wrong, this ACOG reticle I mounted on the Scout is accurately scaled. I think. To test it, I'd need a target of known size at a confirmable distance, and I have yet to figure out how to do these things in CS:CZDS.

But...

I have convinced myself that the default FOV in CS:CZDS is 90°, or 5400 MOA (I'll tell you how if you ask me to). I have confirmed that, at max zoom, the Scout makes things 7.48x larger. 5400 ÷ 7.48 = 721.92513 MOA. The ACOG chevron is 5.53 MOA wide. I play at 1280×720. So. 5.53 ÷ 721.92513 = 0.00766 × 1280 = 9.8048. I drew the chevron 9px wide. I went through this with every dimension of the reticle. I can't say it's scaled correctly without testing, but this is a very similar method to the one I used to make reticles in NL games, and the scaling on those I have tested thoroughly, and I do claim as accurately scaled.

Either way, it looks great, and the crosshair they put in the game is terrible, so my joy is immense, if muted.

Also, I figured out how to blur the edges of the scope frame, so yay me! That was some aliasing I really wanted gone, y'know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cz_hr060001.jpg (307.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg cz_hr060002.jpg (127.1 KB, 19 views)