View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 12:06 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKSmurF View Post
I meant "generic shooter" in the sense that it does not look like Delta Force or Joint Ops... though I am assuming an awful lot from the screenshots! It just looks like Far Cry 3 or Crysis's online multiplayer to me. Very pretty, but gameplay-wise, they were bland. (To be fair, with DFX/DFX2 aside, Novalogic has a stellar track record for gameplay).

I'm assuming Angel Falls wouldn't be open world since it would've been on Unreal or Crysis, which is the biggest basis for my assumption that it may not play like DF/JO.

I just saw on the same forum as the one I linked to that the owner of it had contact with NL in 2013, informing him the game was still in development. Will reach out to him to see if he knows anything.

Edit: Stompem, do you think the different games were both Novalogic? They definitely look markedly different than some of the other screenshots, so I wonder if one is in CryEngine and one is in Unreal.
Well I value your opinion but as far as DFX2 goes IMO it's the best - I've probably published about 40 DFX2 maps so far - go figure?

If you like you're welcome to play my maps in the DFX2 Lobby 24/7 - Server name ![GSP]
Compliments of stompem

If AF was to be open world like the others? Who knows - I personally doubt it could have been possible if they wanted to include a terrain editor - this would immediately restrict the game world size I would think.

Free flight with collisions in advanced engines is extremely top heavy. So flying and vehicles are very expensive assets to include.

Last edited by Guest001; 09-24-2015 at 12:40 PM.