Thread: Best Antivrus
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by =70th=Scattergu
Question So if i got AVG Free Virus Scan protection things and SpyBot, Lyvasoft Ad-Aware Personal, Spysweeper, Mcafee 2006 Edition and some others would that do it? or am i just like overloading my pc?
basic if you have all active or running fully it would be a over kill on the system.

basic:
1-firewall a good one.
2-Anti-virus one fully running and enable to scan all active files and the 2nd one for on demands call to scan were the end user can use ether anti-virus do scan for virus in his/her system.

1 can only be use in it full mode and 2nd one for on call by the end user to scan all files or scan the HHD.

basic i have 2- anti-virus programs running, but only one is enable to scan on it own and the 2nd one i use to scan for things the first one may have over looked.

only one have to enable to scan e-mails and auto-scan on activated files that come alive.

adware only have one anti-virus to watch over the system, rest have on demand to use when the end user like to double check for things that the others may have over looked same for any extra anti-virus programs too.

I have: anti-adware
1-spysweeper (enable 24/7) $$$$
2-Ad-Aware SE Personal ( on call) freebie
3-Spybot - Search & Destroy ( on call) freebie

I have: anti-virus (both are free)
1-Avast! home version (enable 24/7) freebie HHD/Internet/e-mail/web sites....ect it cover a lot of things.
2-Trend Micro anti-virus (on call) freebie bundle Fix-it 5

Firewall: only can have one firewall enable and use at anytime.
Zone Labs Security (enable 24/7)
Windows Firewall (disable)

System tools: Fix-it 5 $$$$ does a lot for me more ways then any others i tryout, it out do system-work by Norton.
===========================================
i work at a warehouse one time we ship all stocks through one Carrier draw back the shipping company gone on strike and we had people screaming for their shipments from that day on were change to having more then one shipping company to handle all shipment's. it was truck line yellow who gone on strike and they are no more they belly up.
===========================================
this is the funny part avast! may over look something when it do a deep scan or bootscan when it do, i use Trend Micro anti-virus to do a deepscan the whole system and avast will catch on a virus in the system, shocking you ask me. when Trend Micro checking out a file for a virus avast! do a double look and see what it is for real and sends a alarm you have a virus.

feel safe have not got any virus for a long time in e-mail or in files.

did get a java virus but it was a minner thing think it has to do with geocitie.com page maker thing. it java base.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-20-2005 at 10:30 PM.