Thread: God or No god?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 12:08 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I think Hulk has made some very good points in his post. Scientists tell us the universe began with a big bang but they don't tell us why there was such an event. I suppose these eminent men and women have access to more information about space via the various space probes that have been launched over the last 30 years or so however, at best they can only make an educated guess and have no definitive proof of how our universe began.

Religion conveniently fills in the missing gaps that science can't explain but that in turn requires a belief in the supernatural and the existence of a God of some kind.

Early civilisations had creation myths but believed in a number of different gods including a sun god and a lot of other deity's that explained why the world was and how it came to be.

There are still a number of different religions today and they in turn refer to a number of different gods or profits but they also say their is only one true god. The problem is that all these different religions claim their god is the only true god!

Those different beliefs still cause war and violence although they all claim to be believers in the word of their seperate gods and they all claim theirs is a god of peace, ironic is it not that they continue to wage war on other religions and non believers, especially as they all say they believe in peace!

I think animal-mutha has nmade a good point too, religion is more important to the older generation and they tend to be much more devout in their beliefs.

Maybe it is a form of insurance if you live a sinful life whilst young and then become deeply religious as you grow older and prepare for what ever awaits you at the moment of death.

One thing is certain, we will all find out one way or another folks!

Regards