Thread: God or No god?
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 04:05 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

As with all questions about religion we can have no idea if a God exists or made us and indeed where he/she came from. We don't know for certain how we got here or if there is any universal plan for us initiated by a supreme being or if we are just a random occurence in the universe.

Some of us seek answers in the bible or the koran but those books were written by men who claim they are the word of a living God, we have no way of knowing if these books do hold the key to our origins.

As I've said in previous posts on this subject, we must all seek our own answers and decide as individuals what we believe but I can never accept that any God could proclaim that taking another human beings life is ever, under any circumstances, is justified and when we see the actions of those extremeists who perpetrated the dreadful attack on the world trade centre, it must throw into question all religious beliefs as no where in either the koran or the bible does it say we should take human life.

"Thou shall not kill" is plain enough for any one to understand but in this world in which we live, we some times have no choice but to fight wars and some times, take life in the defence of our freedom.

Religion is a shroud that those with evil intention can hide behind and there are those poor, simple souls who believe that to sacrifice your life in the name of your God is your solemn duty. These people are misled by these maniacs and convinced that taking life and sacrificing your own life in the process is justified in my honest opinion religion in the 21st century is becoming irrelavent, I'm not saying any one should stop holding their own religious beliefs, but we should question any ideal or belief that leads us to murder each other in the name of any God.

Regards