View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 06:05 PM
hunterz is offline hunterz
aka DUZ

Send a message via ICQ to hunterz Send a message via AIM to hunterz
Hey Verok, I'm DUZ on Youtube. Again: Good job!

I will continue to point out some things here:
1. If you could unlock more than 60 FPS, would be awesome. Even with 60 hertz in your monitor you'll feel it a lot smoother. It happens in CSGO where I currently work as pro coach (ex player). And it would make things even better for who has 144 or 240hz monitors, like me and others.

2. You said in YT that the biggest problem atm to increase the voxels subdivisions is the memory, which is a known thing also reported by Scott and other community members. I really hope you achieve that 'unlock'! DF1 feels heavier with 1024x768 and it has some glitches like objects disappearing, probably caused by the lack of memory. I'm a newbie in this matter, but I've heard about a software called CFF Explorer where you can edit the file header to handle more than 2GB ram. I saw this in Youtube, something like "How to increase old gamers performance".

3. Now with OpenGL, Is it possible to use ReShade or other programs to achieve some post processing features like Antialiasing etc? I tried here but DF.exe doesn't open. I also tried to force FXAA through the Nvidia panel... but nothing happens.

4. Here's a comparison (different from the one I posted on YouTube) between DF1 1024x768 with and without your patch.
Images taken using a phone: https://imgsli.com/MjQ3Njc
With the patch, the game is not streched anymore and you can clearly see it while comparing the crosshair and the radar circle, but the downside of it is the loss of some screen information in the vertical ends. Now you can barely see the model hands. I think this is a decent trade-of, I thought it was worse. Nice Verok!

5. Check this LOD thing: https://youtube.com/watch?v=meYhz1RbiqQ
I don't know if knowing this you can achieve any voxel improvement, I thought it was worth showing.

GL! Keep us updated :P

Last edited by hunterz; 10-07-2020 at 10:16 PM.