View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 08:01 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

For myself, as controversial as this may be, I think that the citizens of my country England should have the right to purchase arms to defend themselves against the ever rising tide of crime this country now faces.

I do not make this statement lightly but as have absorbed more and more people from other cultures where gun violence is endemic we have also imported along with these people a culture of gun violence which is now manifesting itself on the streets of our town's and city's and we are rapidly approaching a position where we will be unable to defend ourselves against these problems without resorting to violence ourselves.

I am NOT advocating violence as a solution to any problem but I am saying that we have to take steps to defend ourselves from the increasing number of violents crimes that are occuring in our country.

Our police force, certainly in my local area, now routinely carry firearms because of this growing trend towards gun crime so should we not as private citizens be allowed like our friends and allies in the United States are allowed to bear arms in the peaceful pursuit of our daily lives and for self protection?

Unless of course those useless idiots who "govern" our country are willing to take much more drastic action to stop this trend towards more violent crime by perhaps actually punishing criminals for what they do and hanging those who murder, rape etc?

I know one of our members here like myself had some trouble with local thugs and like me was in some way under threat from these louts so I wonder if those louts would have been quite so brave had they known that the person they were trying to intimidate or in my own case mug, was armed and willing to defend themselves?

We have banned firearms in this country after the Dunblane massacre and yet there are more guns on our streets than ever before and largley I may add they are in the hands of criminals so where do we go from here?

Regards