View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
This looks like a really interesting debate guys and I wonder if anyone like me thinks we here in the U.K. should have the right to "bear arms" for our own protection?

I know it's controversial but I feel certain that the already armed criminal population of this country would think twice about robbing people in their own homes if their potetential victim was possibly armed?

After the Dunblane murders the government of the day banned all firearms with the exception of shotguns, (or so I understand it), but with growing crime on our streets should we like America have the right to self protection?

Warm Regards
hahaha i walk down the highstreet and see some people, i know if they had a gun they would use it. I think the UK is fine, but and introduction of guns would kinda start animosity and a lot of people would be afraid to leave home. If you want self protection take a martial arts class or get some mace, you dont need to shoot a solid lead object at someone cuz they wanted your ipod. I belive in the right to bear arms, but if gun control can be kept under control then im all for that. Cuz whats to stop that person you just shot from having a gun and shooting you in self defense, or worse killing you. IF you can control it by all means do it.

As for what chief said, thats a situational thing, i would not know what your going to do untill you get put in the situation, its one thing to say if i saw a terrorist "I would cap tha motha" but when your there in front of him with something that could just kill him, your priority and everything else changes. Its like when i was across the street from a train station that was bombed last july in london. In a life or death situation and something like that, you see how well some people cope with that, i was very composed and just took things in strides, was i scared HELL YES. BUt on the other hand people were freaking out and everything else. Its just how you handle it at the time.

Last edited by Systemkaos; 02-05-2006 at 08:24 AM.