Thread: Ping Times
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 AM
col_jpalsPHIL is offline col_jpalsPHIL

ping times!

i've read a lot about pings coz it's also my problem when im playing tha game.actually there are three things involved with ping times; ur computer, the internet connection and the servers computer.

i guess we dont have any problem with the server's computer because it is a dedicated server computer.meaning, the computer is for serving alone. all its resources, the RAM, the processor etc. are all used for hosting the game.

check ur internet connection. mostly, the caused for high ping times is the internet connection u have. try switching to high speed internet. but if u already have, then let's look into ur computer.

if ur computer meets the system required for this game, then look at the porgrams that are running using windows task manager (windows user if ur using mac ur exclded in this advice). commonly ur antivirus software eats a lot of ur RAM which is very needed to run this game. try to close down all other application that are running and are not needed in this game (including ur antivirus) leaving explorer.exe and the other which i forgot.... this will help minimize ur ping time.

i hope that will work! it is also the advice given by my team mate.