Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 05:32 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I wanted an OKP-7 on the RPD in the WiQ mod. I don't care that the view model only has irons sights.

The AIs with PKMs had really glitchy sounds. I mined the PKM .wavs out of the DFX1 demo, edited them, put them in the WiQ mod folder, and, oh boy, the improvement is viscerally good.

I admit, I haven't been to a firing range in decades, and a metalhead my age has hearing damage issues, but I have my headphones, and my computer's equalizer is compensating for my 'scooped mids' situation, I also sort of remember what gunfire sounds like, so I'd like to know why the sound guy for DFX1 thought all this world-shaking bass belongs in the .wavs like that.

But, you know, you get that bass under control, line up your waveforms correctly, edit your audible ranges and volumes in the various game.lwfs, and you'll start using some weapons just to listen to them. Ayuh.

I think, as I've edited it for the WiQ mod, that the Colt .45 is the best sounding weapon in any NeverLogic game I have. Maybe.

Edit: Sometimes, I just wing it. That's how you get an OKP-7 with a vaguely OKP-7 shape drawn from a Gen-X metalhead's less-than-stellar visual memory at 4x zoom.

Today, I looked up some reference photos, did a bit of math, and just generally reviewed my recent life choices, attempted improvements, and made new screenies.

The reticle, pending the accuracy of my math, is 15 millirads wide, 7.5 mrads tall, the gap is 5 mrads wide, and the chevron is 3px wide, 3px tall, and is the best I can do at this magnification (which is why the first attempt at this sight is for 4x mag., just to increase aesthetic detail).

Thanks for your patience!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_Day.jpg (288.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_Night.jpg (152.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7_NVG.jpg (160.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_Day.jpg (331.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_Night.jpg (215.5 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RPDOKP7x2_NVG.jpg (138.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 01-11-2023 at 05:01 PM.