Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 11:48 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

What happened with this one is I started drawing the reticle at a resolution that would allow the 0.1 milliradian subtensions to function, so 0.1 mrad is 2 pixels, 1 mrad is 20px, the whole targa is 512px², and after completing the art, I mounted it on the M40A1, edited the zoom to go from 4x to 35x, then I went through the zoom levels 'til I found one that best fit.

The one screenshot shows a 1m³ block 400m away, and I placed the rangefinder of the almost Schmidt & Bender PMII MSR reticle I drew next to it so you can see that it fits well between the baseline and the 400m stadium, and according to the info I googled up, that's what it's supposed to be.

I'm not sure if a sniper rifle with a 27x mag. scope is particularly practical, but here it is.

I was a little insecure about that last statement, so I retested the zoom, and would you look at that other screenshot? Those short posts 344m away are set as close to 1 mrad apart from each other as my math could get them and it seems 28x mag. is much more fitting for this reticle at this resolution.

Glad I checked that.

Edit: Then there's this third screenshot of a 4mx4m block 200m away which, as I understand it, should be 20 mrads wide, and is almost exactly... at 27x mag.

I may need to check the spacing on my 10 mrad fenceposts.

Edit again: This is stupid, but I drew it from memory, and it gave me very little trouble when it could have given me lots. Classic rangefinder reticle calibrated for 13x mag., or actually, I drew it 3 pixel per MOA, and 13x mag. fits it perfectly. 18-ish inch targets at 100, 125, 150, 175, 200, 225, and 250 yards fit right where they should between the curves, and the tiny red dot is perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR.jpg (190.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR_2.jpg (221.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_SBMSR_3.jpg (222.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_RF13x.jpg (248.5 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-31-2022 at 08:11 AM.