Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 07:18 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Still watching Xbox Ahoy's CoD weapon guides, I noticed what the red dot looks like in that game, and I did one up like that for the WiQ mod, although I don't have a weapon that needs it to put it on.

Then today, I was playing the mission 'Snow Blind,' left two satchels where the T-80 would be parking, and instead of hiding behind a building and waiting, headed up over the hill to clear the exfil. Once I had eliminated the immediate threats, went back to peek over the hill and watch the tank explode, and I kind of wished I could fire the detonator while looking through the binoculars, and I realized, "Hey. I could put a sight on the detonator!"

So I whipped up an old-style binocular frame, googled up an interesting crosshair, and since it's more of an off-to-the-side milliradian chart, decided to pop the CoD red dot in as an aim point. 4x mag. to match the binoculars.

Note that that target is 6x6m, 200m away, meaning it's 30x30 mrads.

I'm having fun. Murr Crimmas.

Edit: There was some wonk in the red dot. Nothing you could see in the screenshot, just that changing the brightness made the dot off-center when small. Couple iterations of resizing the .tgas, it's good now. Also redid the numbers on the cross. Drew them by hand to ensure consistency. And the left 5 was a pixel left of center.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_SatchDetX.jpg (245.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-26-2022 at 11:15 AM.