Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 06:51 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Thought I knew some things. I've learned some new things.

Weapon fire rates in the World in Quarantine mod. I screwed them up. Mag dumps with a stopwatch made that clear to me. I did some adjusting there.

Some emplacements like the ZSU-23 turret and the Tunguska turret in the WiQ mod are supposed to fire 4000 or 5000 rounds per minute. Can confirm that the highest possible fire rate that still allows muzzle flashes to animate in NL games is 1200rpm, unless you edit up special ammos for them that have the shotgun flag, spread_count 4, and kz_pieslice 2. Then they're putting out 4800rpm. (Note: any kz_pieslice less than 2 effectively means 0 spread, The game rounds this value down to the nearest even number.)

MGs and emplacements that overheat is tricky work. I got the SAW so that it overheats in 15 seconds, and cools down in 15 seconds. Still need to tweak that on the RPD and the PMG. Emplaced weapons overheat in 10 seconds and cool in 10.

And attached are screenies of the G36V I pulled out of the SFOD mod to see how it looks in the WiQ mod. Made a desert tan texture for it, and tweaked the ammo to fit the BDC on the reticle. I like the illumination trick I came up with, and I'm getting a good handle on how the reticle works best, and I'm training that habit. That dude 400m away running right to left, and I throw a burst at him, and he goes down 'cause I got the lead and elevation right? That's pure dopamine, I tell you.

And now I need a nap.

Edit: I know for a fact that in DFBHDTS, editing the delaystart and delayend of the "fire" action on a weapon to 0 will cause the muzzle flash to not animate. That might not be the case in DFX2. Hm.

Edit again: G36V in olive drab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_Desert_Tan.jpg (570.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_3x_illuminated.jpg (363.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_G36V_Olive.jpg (510.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-23-2022 at 04:01 AM.