Thread: [DFBHD] Baldo's New M60 Sight
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I found a graphic somewhere explaining the extra chevrons are 3.4, 7.2, and 11.4 milliradians below the main chevron, and I mathed them in as best I could, but I can't test them until I figure out how to get the fog back beyond 1000m in a DFX map. I'd have to edit the ammo.def to use them anyway, and I have no doubt they'd need extensive repositioning, but beyond marking target positions on the commander's map and lobbing rounds into the fog, the effort would be impractical.

I've attached some screenshots of what I did today. PSO-1-1 illuminated red at 7x mag. on the MSG90u in the WiQ mod. The mrad subtensions are a tiny bit off (5.1166559 HUD units per mrad at 7x mag. and I drew them at 5), but not unusably so. You might think the rangefinder's off too, but keep in mind that those dudes are 1.93m (6' 4"), as best as I can figure it out. The tall silhouette target is 1.73m from the top of the sandbag up, so the second screenshot makes the scaling accuracy a little clearer.

I made a plain black version, and a black version with an illuminated chevron, but I've got the red illuminated one mounted at the moment. It looks orange in the NVGs. It's not too bright in the dark, though. I don't think.

Edit: Green illumination with a grey border. I like the effect.

Edit again: I keep losing the two milliradian tall chevron when I take snapshots, so I made the chevron three milliradians tall, and I'm leaving it green while the rest of the reticle is black. On the all-green version, I made the chevron brighter than the rest of the reticle, but I think the black and green version is my favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r.jpg (199.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_100m_silhouette.jpg (220.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_NVG.jpg (146.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7r_Night.jpg (144.6 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_Day.jpg (456.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_Night.jpg (141.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7g_NVG.jpg (145.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg WiQ_PSO11x7gc.jpg (324.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Baldo_the_Don; 12-12-2022 at 11:26 AM.