Thread: Rant
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 02:25 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
the help (armed forces) was offered by the government on the day the airport reopened... they also said the help was non-specific i.e. manpower only and not the deicing equipment needed for the planes.

hey i completely agree it's a farce on all accounts but airports in scandinavia don't have this problem so i'm not just gonna blame the weather. it's unfortunate it's at one of the world's busiest airports with no spare capacity, other airports shut and noone gave a smoke.

there are tv documenteries on over here every other day all about this issue and exactly nothing has changed since last year. unfortunately we've had 10 years of mild winters and it looks like we've got 2 harsh ones in a row. i mean it was -18 the other day, and the average temp is about +7 in November usually. everyone will moan no matter what happens, the govnt could spend around 2Billion GBP to resolve the issues via taxes but then we get one mild winter and ppl will be ranting and wanting their money back hehe
Oh didn't say when they offered it, guess it was a bit late then hehe

Yeah I can see the issue of having that kind of freekishly low temps when you're not used to having them! Any deaths caused by it?

Yes people will moan, it's the nature of humans, besides in places where they have a reason to moan, they live with a sperit higher then the sky and never moan about a thing I moan about things I really shouldn't moan about aswell

My photography website