Thread: Kerry vs Bush
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 11:16 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
There are a lot of misconceptions flying about here.
First one I think is that people like me who criticise in some way hate America which is simply not the case. I know an awful lot of Americans and to a man they are all just great people. I dont think I would like to live there because it is so dangerous, and it is dangerous. The country is hated by the majority of the world and there seem to be a lot of nutcases with arms over there, hence all the gun deaths.
Doesnt mean that I dont have deep respect and desire to be friendly with America though.

The other misconception is that the rest of the world is impressed with raw power.
America is the least free nation in the western world. Your government censors the national news more than any other English speaking nation on earth. You Government is insisting that all software produced in the states had Govenrment security software in it (george bush wants a nationwide firewall).
The American people are caring, compassionate, intelligent creative and funny generaly.
The fact that the USA is the most powerful nation on earth and as such American citizines should be proud of their country.
Don't make the mistake that anyone else is impressed with it or in awe.
You can fit Great Britain into Texas at least ten times, we are that small.
Teeny Tiny Tiddly.
Insignificant?
Second wealthiest nation on earth (next to the US), militarily as skilled as any Army on Gods green earth, a veto in the Security Council and UN and NATO.

God does indeed Bless America but he Blesses us too.
We love the US dearly.
We dont look to you as a guiding light for all that is good, because in fact we do pretty bloody well anyway.

EDIT// My grammer is dieing out as I age. Apologies to people who like their reading to be smooth.