Thread: Kerry vs Bush
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Premise: Mid Last year a global survey was done on thoughts and opinions on the united states in a whole stack of different countires as part of the show What the world thinks of america these polls were legitimate and done by professionals in each country, the show was televides all around the world countries polled include Canada, England, Australia, S Korea, France, Isreal and so on, ill post some results for you to digest, this gives you a view of what the world think of america, note that i do not necessarily agree with any or all of these statements.

Who is more dangerous...
America or Korea?
average shows that America and Korea are percieved to be equally as dangerous as each other.

Who is more dangerous, America or China?
America was considered more dangerous than China.

[/i]America or Russia?[/i]
America was perceived to be more dangerous than Russia.

America or Iran?
it was America that was considered more dangerous compared to Iran

America or Syria?
Most countries percieved the USA to be more dangerous than Syria

Does America's superior military power make the world a safer place, a more dangerous place or does it make no difference?
On average, the USA's superior military power was percieved to make the world a more dangerous place to live

"America is a force for good in the world." (Strongly Agree | Slightly Agree | Slightly Disagree | Strongly Disagree)
average here was an unfavourable majority

"America is reaping the thorns planted by its rulers in the world." (Strongly Agree | Slightly Agree | Slightly Disagree | Strongly Disagree)
Agreed by all countries, except the USA

Q. Do you think that America was right or wrong to invade Iraq?
Majority opinion says the USA was wrong

Individually as people you did quite well, 47% said americans were friendly, american movies scored a 36% majority